Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day, Back With the Dead, But NOT an Empty Barrel!


So its January 1st, and yet another day with the dead. But just like Christmas Day, its okay, because it beats the alternative. My family freaks me out and they don't get me. They like to argue and treat me badly, so this is good.....nice and quiet. Just the way I like it.

Speaking of which, I was lounging a bit this morning, sipping some joe with Riley the Super Chihuahua, and watching some mindless re-runs of America's Next Top Model (there was really nothing else on) when I heard a photographer say something that really made me think.

"An empty barrel makes the most noise"........this was in reference to one of the contestants that was a constant whiner, complainer and overall sh** starter.

I said to myself, wow. Now THATS prophetic. January 1st, 2008, and here is a little pearl of wisdom dropped on me out of nowhere. Right then and there I decided I am NOT going to be an empty barrel this year. I have no reason to be. I am a very FULL barrel! Life is good, I've got a job with co-workers that I really like, a super fantastic daughter, a great husband, just bought a home of our own.....its all good so I need to just be quiet!

Who knew you could get personal therapy out of Next Top Model?!

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

here's my pearl of wisdom... never trade sense for dollars.