Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moving is Craziness.

Well, it took all day, but we got our stuff moved over to the money-pit cat-pee-flea house. Our movers were awesome. They were fast and they didn't scratch one piece of furniture or ding one wall! So Big Daddy tipped them nicely.



Yesterday was the big move. It was windy as all get out, but luckily, not cold!


Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a bit obsessive compulsive, so having my stuff everywhere is rather unnerving! Yes, that's a Xanadu poster against the wall. I love that movie. This will be the dining area eventually.


The living room color I chose is funky,but it looks fantastic with our formal living room furniture. Big problem, though, we don't have much, but what we've got is HUGE! I had no idea. When we started looking for a house, we both said we didn't need much house, and we certainly didn't want to live above our means. And Jim needed a big detached garage. Those are hard to find unless you look at older homes. On the down side of that, the bedrooms in older homes are dinky.


The nasty, outdated kitchen has a sliding door off the hallway - it was super gross, so like any good artist, I decided to make it a piece of art! When we gut the kitchen, we may pull this off and anchor it on a wall. I dunno.

Jim has caught 6 cats in 3 days with the cat trap (that thing really works. Are they THAT stupid?!), and today, the cable guy came, had to go into the crawlspace, and whudaya know? He managed to run the main suspect out of there! Woohoo! Hopefully, we can now be on our way to a normal, flea-free home! We thought we had the problem licked, but as soon as we brought our chihuahua over, they pounced on him like the fresh meat he was. Poor baby. I feel really guilty. He had a sweet, quiet, flee-less life before yesterday. But with the "host" gone now, maybe we can have some peace soon.

Last night, we realized "the host" was still under the house. I laid awake all night, listening to it trying to get the grate off of one of the access spots. Today we got him! I'm feeling like the dirty kid with head lice. eeewww. Nobody wants to be that kid.

6 comments:

Country Girl said...

YAY!! you're moved. way cool xanadu poster. :)
look on the bright side of things... you don't SMELL like cat pea do ya??

Heather rules said...

Things are looking up!!!!

Rockyn Robyn said...

I don't smell like cat pee. I cn hear another one trying to get out - I wish I new how they were coming in.

Chris said...

Yes, cats are that stupid!

Linda said...

glad you got moved...at least it wasn't snowing!

jenny said...

Cats are tricky little bastards. I wonder if there is some kind of motion sensor dog barking thing to scare the crap out of them and send them on their way. Might be worth a google! So glad you are moved... enjoy all your hard work!